Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Dad the Super Elder!

Here are some pictures we took today. First this is Reena the Mom, and the Baby of the family Carolin. Next this is Eric. He's one of the sons living at the house. The other Landric is sick so he was in bed all day.

This is Nate, Stickson, and Reena hard at work. Not I am not hard at work.
And this is the house. Which Stickson calls his castle. He says the Lord promises everyone one for being righteous. He just got his early.






I know that's a weird thing to title this blog but we just had a wonderful dinner with the Diapolous Family where we "talked story". That's how they say we told stories about our lives. Stickson always talks about my Dad or Alan or Elder Winter. You see when Dad was on his mission he became close friends with Stickson. And Stickson tells with tear filled eyes how grateful he is for what my Dad did. It's so cool to here these stories from Sickson's point of view. I've grown up with these stories of a mission being filled with love, the Gospel of Christ, and tropical islands and people. I love getting to see almost thirty years later what kind of an impact one missionary can make. It's no wonder why I wanted to serve the Lord. Thanks Dad for being so faithful and changing the lives of so many. Me included.



No comments: