Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Valley of the Temple

Well, I'm getting close to finishing the Hawaii house project so I'm making sure to give Aubrey more time to sightsee between the few remaining projects. I just finished the stairs and I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out, despite having no idea what I was doing. One more clueless project then I'll be on the home stretch, just finishing up the back appartment. We took the weekend off and went around to places on Aubrey's list. It was a fun weekend, a good break. (Frankly I'm just glad to take a day from sweating and being covered by heat rash from the sweat + heat.) This is what the stairs ended up looking like. I used pine boards and stained them. Then caulked the edges cause I didn't know what to do with them.
These giant Koi were at the temple. I just included this picture to get my Dad's attention.

The gardens around the temple were beautiful and peaceful. It was a very inspiring place.


The temple we visited was called the Byodo-In. Its a replica of the Byodo-In in Japan, built in honor of the large number of Japanese living in Hawaii. The building was quite a sight.
We're loving being here but both of us are excited for the Winter family to get here, it will be fun to be with everyone.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hey the stairs look great! Nice job!

Ginny said...

Awesome stairs!